Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 11

Corey,

What a day buddy!

Not a lot to update on really. You're the same as you were yesterday.

The Doctors are going to try to start weaning you off of your medication during the day. Your going to start feeling a little more pain and hopefully start to wake up. I think they want you to be alert before moving you to Shepherd's.

They did say that they had no problem moving you to Shepherd's on Tuesday as long as they had a bed in ICU for you there. MUSC works close with Shepherd's and they are happy to send you there. I think Shepherd's has big plans for you so get ready for a wild ride!

You aren't going to be alone in Shepherd's. I think they are going to move you and the guy we met our first night in ICU together to Shepherd's for rehab. Not for the same treatment of course but just together to cut down on transportation costs I'm sure.

James and I sat together with you for about 4 hours today. It was hard for me. Today was the first day I have seen you since you arrived to ICU from the accident. You look like Corey but you don't "look" like Corey. You were restless and agitated. You are responsive sometime and recognize us but you're a little Dory fish and we have to keep reminding you that you are in ICU. I'm ready for my buddy Corey to be up and moving around.

Know I'm still standing strong with you! I'm looking forward to really seeing you soon.

- Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment